Outsider (Outsider, #1) by Micalea Smeltzer ~ Review

Outsider - Micalea Smeltzer

'"I know nothing about being a shifter. I only just found this out a couple of weeks ago. I'm no leader," I said.

"It's in your blood," he said.

"Really? Because I've had my blood tested and ALPHA never came back in the toxicology."'

I'm going to admit that for the good majority of the first half of the book I was all like:

'Cause let's just face it - some female characters tend to overdo the whole I'm Not Pretty mantra. One minute she's all 'I'm plain and ugly no one could ever possibly think I'm beautiful', and the next:

Not to mention her reaction to any relatively good-looking male in a ten metre radius:

Okay. Maybe that was a little bit of an exaggeration.

The plot line was pretty obvious for the most part.
- Girl moves into town.
- Girl meets boy.
- Girl uncovers town secret.
- Girl and boy go out.
- Girl and boy face danger.
- Girl and boy make out.
- Girl and boy live happily ever after until the next book.

And although cheesy levels went through the roof at times...
(e.g.)'He shook his head. "One day you'll believe me when I tell you how smart, beautiful, and perfect you are."'

...but overall this book wasn't a total waste of time. It just required alot of patience, an open mind and an ability to stomach fluffy, Fanfiction-esque, lovey-dovey scenes and a very annoying main female protagonist.

However that's just my opinion. If you like werewolves, romance and alpha-male fights (where they totally should have had a cheerleading squad!) then this book could be for you :)